Hello from the Pink-Haired Lady!
"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name." Psalm 103
Lots of News Today!
1. The votes are in! Congratulations and God's blessings to Rob Patuto and Cameron Simeral, our two newest members of our SCS School Board! It was a very close race! We thank all three candidates for their willingness to serve and we thank you, our members, for participating in the election.
2. Hooray for all of you, our students and families, who raised $725 in gas cards for Mrs. Gayer to help her get to Spokane for chemotherapy and radiation. You have shown so much generosity and compassion! We can't thank you enough for blessing our dear Mrs. G!
3. Yes, a promise is a promise! So....I've attached a picture of me upholding my end of the bargain! The students got two colors for the price of one because my hair is accidentally part pink and part purple! 💕 💜 (Lots of giggling going on today! LOL!)
4. Come to the Nazarene Church's Light Up The Night Carnival Tonight from 5:30-8:30 right here on campus! It's all free and there will be food, games, candy, crafts, and lots of fun! Everyone is welcome to dress up if they want. Hope to see you here tonight! There will be overflow parking in our baseball field. See the attached flyer for more info.
5. This week is Red Ribbon Week! This is an annual national event, when schools talk to students about staying healthy and strong. Keeping the subject of drug, alcohol, and tobacco use age appropriate per grade level, we will talk about the dangers of these substances. Each day, the students will receive a red gift, reminding them to avoid dangerous substances in their life. With drug use prevalent among young people in North Idaho, we feel our children need to learn about this potential trap earlier rather than later. Red Ribbon Week is also about bullying, so we will talk about that as well. If you have any questions, please see your teacher.
6. The last day of our first quarter is this Friday, November 3rd. All assignments and make-up work must be turned in by that date unless otherwise specified by the teacher. The first report card will be handed to you at your upcoming Parent/Teacher Conference, which we schedule at this time each year for every child, including preschool and pre-k. Be sure to look for a sign up sheet in each classroom to choose your conference date and time next week, November 6-10.
7. End of the quarter means Pancake Breakfast time! We will host a free pancake breakfast for all our students this Friday to celebrate the end of the quarter. I will need 7th and 8th graders to help with the cooking and serving, so if they could be here at 7:00am that day, it would be a blessing! The rest of the students may arrive at their normal time. There is no morning room, so students may get their pancakes when they get here and eat them in their classrooms. Last pancakes will be served at 8:05am, so don't be late! 🍽
8. It's time to sign up for this year's Auction Committee. This committee will put together the silent and live auction portion of our big Christmas Dinner, Auction, and Children's Program on Thursday, December 14th. If you would like to help make this important SCS fundraiser a rousing success, please come to our first meeting TOMORROW, Wednesday, November 1st, at 2:00pm here at school. We will meet once a week until the event. We really need your help, so all are welcome!
9. Prayer request: Lora Fedak, Rachel Fedak's mom, has recently been diagnosed with malignant brain tumors and is scheduled for surgery sometime this week. Please keep the Fedak family in prayer!
Thank you, Everyone, for your continued prayers and support!